Monday 6 January 2014

Meal Plan Monday, for a happy new year!




So we've had an eventful Christmas time, I'll have to write a whole blog post to whinge about it, so I will just cut short to say this; at some point last week, my whole household was ill, house guest included!

Anywho, it's a new year and I'm finally back at work so what better time to get the life in order, right?

Between sickens, sleepless nights and the excuse that "it's Christmas!" - used until the 5th of January - our eating habits have gone down hill big time. I find that having a menu set for the week helps our routine a big deal, plus it saves having to run around the kitchen like a headless chicken trying to work out what to do for dinner.

So to start the year well, I'm back on Meal Plan Mondays with some wholesome dinners. I hope you like them ;)


Monday – Thai style Salmon soup
(I was addicted to this before pregnancy and haven't attempt making it again since, recipe to follow)
Tuesday - Sweet potato cottage pie with green veggie
Wednesday - *Jumbo Beef Balls with pasta for Dave and Harry and *vegetables for me
Thursday - Isabel's Chicken Nuggets with coleslaw for Dave / salad and veggie for the lill guy and I
Friday - Curried  Turkey
Saturday - Turkey & Veggie Meatballs with sweet potato mash
Sunday is my cheat day and I'll be off to my work's Christmas party - that's what happens when you work with hospitality -  so no planning here :)
 
*I'm doing a little detox myself this week and not eating dairy, grains or gluten
 
*Recipe for the Jumbo Beef Balls, from the Beyond Diet website
 
This is a very large recipe but you can easily half it.
 
Ingredients
2 lbs. lean ground meat (I use half beef and half turkey)
2 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
1 tbsp dried basil
1 clove garlic, minced
2 eggs
1 tsp. Celtic Sea Salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper

Directions
Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl, weight out 3oz balls and cook in pan on the stove. You can cook with Coconut oil if you want little more flavor. If you want to include a fat add butter to the pan. You can I like to sautee' onions to go with it..
 
PS: the recipe says to weight 3oz of meat for each meatball but that is for portion size only as I have to count how much protein I eat on every meal, you can easily just eye the size of the patties if you prefer.
 
I'm linking up to Mrs M's weekly linky, stop by for more great menu ideas #mealplanningmonday

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good plan, and sorry to hear you've all been unwell xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for linking up to #mealplanningmonday - ooh that all sounds lovely! Hope you're all back to health now!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your story and comments so why not leave us a message?