Wednesday 6 February 2013

Libester Award


This award is given to bloggers with less than 200 followers who deserve acknowledgement and encouragement to keep on blogging.


This is long overdue but I was nominated by the very sweet Glitzy Gleam from One Busy Mum , thank you so much for the award!

The rules are simple:
1. List 11 facts about yourself. 
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you. 
3. Create 11 new questions for the bloggers you nominate for the award. 
4. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.  
5. Choose 5 bloggers with 200 or less followers to nominate. 
6. Go to each bloggers page and let them know about the award.

11 Facts about myself:
1. I am the youngest of 10 siblings. 
2. I used to hate London when I first moved here but now I don't find it so bad.
3. I've always said i wouldn't raise a child in London and even though that is now happening I still hope we can move somewhere more family friendly sometime soon.
4. I enjoy cooking and love baking
5. I'm addicted to collecting recipes online.
6. Even though I enjoy working I have done it since I was about 13 years old so if I had enough money to stay home and enjoy life looking after my little boy I wouldn't go back to work anytime soon.
7. I am 34 and still don't have a driving license, in fact I don't know how to drive.
8. I spent 4 months in Oklahoma in 2004 and that was the most amazing summer.
9. I miss Brazil, my family and friends but deep inside I now doubt that I will ever move back there again.
10. I struggle trusting people and at the moment the idea of having to sort out childcare for Harry is driving me insane
11. I love writing and in some level I actually believe I'm good at it. 

11Questions from One Busy Mum
1, What is your Favorite food?
Hard to say but I could have ice-cream anytime of the day :-) 

2, What do you do to relax?
These days I just watch tv but dancing have been my first option for most of my life.

3,What do you enjoy most about blogging?
I find is a great way to empty my mind, sometimes I need to tell people what i feel/think even if I don't know if someone will read. 

4,Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?
That question have always troubled me but the truth is I'm not sure! Hopefully not in London working with something I'm passionate abut and raising my little family with loads of love.

5, Do you prefer sweet or savory foods?
trick question. I love food! Probably savory followed by sweet (I know, bad!)

6, What would be your ideal holiday destination?
being brazilian going back home is always great but really if i can enjoy peace of mind, nice weather, great views and local culinary that makes it a great holiday. Oh water is really important as well so either seaside or somewhere with lakes and waterfalls. 

7, What is your favorite colour?
I'm on my purple phase, being through a red phase during teen years and it still in my heart.

8, What is your best childhood memory?
A few of them but a very magical one was being sneaky trying to catch Santa on Christmas eve. I can't remember much as i was about 5 or 6 at the time but i remember trying to sneak a peak and then running through the house as it sounded like he was outside the window. Over a decade later I   remember doing the same to my nieces, switching the house lights on and off and playing bell sounds as they ran through the rooms trying to see which window was that Santa left the flat from. 

9, What is your favorite movie?
Another tricky one but there are films that I can watch anytime of any day and Monsters Inc is one of them. 

10, What is your biggest achievement so far?
Making the move; almost 7 years ago I decided to drop off University and come to London to live with my other half. It was a big struggle in the beginning, specially as I arrived here in the beginning of autumn and had to face the British weather. Coming from a large family I found particularly challenging leaving everyone behind. Starting over was not fun as I left my degree and all my professional experience behind to work at the restaurant floor but only an year later I was back in the office working with customer services. My life here isn't perfect, I will always miss my family and friends and we don't swim in money but somehow I managed to adapt once again and make London my home.

11, What item can't you live without?
Hand cream, just impossible! 

11 questions for the nominated bloggers 
1. What got you into blogging?
2. If you could chose to live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
3. Tell us one thing you love about yourself.
4. What makes you smile on a grey Monday morning?
5. What is your favorite song/band?
6. Beer, wine or cocktails?
7. Kindle or paperback and why?
8. Are you a cat or dog person? You are allow to be a bunny or even a spiders person for that matter, just tell us what is your favorite pet and why!
9. What is your favorite tv series?
10. Gym, outdoor or home workout/activity and why?
11. How hard was it for you to come up with 11 questions for this post????
They Grow So Quick
PS: with all the followers tools that are out there I had a hard time telling how many followers certain blogs had but I hope I'm not making a faux pas here :-D 




6 comments:

  1. I remember doing this one ages ago, lovely to see it still doing the rounds, one of 10 wow, your poor parents, I thought 6 was a struggle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh well, dad says he wouldn't have it any other way but I'm sure they would've had a much better retirement if there were fewer of us lol

      Delete
  2. i really enjoyed reading your answers, especially your childhood memory, wow youngest of ten..
    i am the same can't be without hand cream, this cold weather doesn't help.
    thank you so much for taking part xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for adding me, had a great time answering the questions and now looking forward to see my nominees' posts.

      Delete
  3. I've done mine now! http://diary-of-the-dad.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/ich-liebster-dich.html Thanks very much for tagging me - great questions too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scudds Harrison2 Mar 2013, 10:27:00

    Hey gorgeous mummy! Can you believe it? I just did the Liebster! lol It took me ages.
    Thank you so much x

    Hugs to little Harry xx

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your story and comments so why not leave us a message?